Hicks Nurseries Offers Four Tips for a Mosquito-Free Summer
June 7, 2022
Hicks Nurseries, Long Island’s largest and premier garden center, offers four tips for a mosquito-free summer. From swimming and hiking to gardening and relaxing in the backyard, Long Island is full of endless opportunities to enjoy the warmth of summer, however, pesky mosquitos end up ruining time spent outdoors. They present a greater concern than an occasional bug bite. Mosquitos spread germs, disease and cause great discomfort. The best way to ensure a mosquito-free summer is to control the problem before it starts.
- Be Water Wise. Mosquitoes breed in standing water, so keep items such as tarps, tires, plant saucers, pottery, children’s toys and other items in the yard covered when it’s raining or turn them upside-down, so they don’t fill with water. Encourage neighbors to do the same.
- Plant Herbs. Citronella, basil, lemon balm, rosemary, peppermint and lavender naturally repel mosquitoes when planted near patios and walkways. They’ll also make gardens look and smell delicious.
- Turn on a Fan. Mosquitoes are weak flyers and tend to stay away from windy situations. Simply place an oscillating fan near outdoor furniture while eating or lounging to keep them away.
- Use a Mosquito Control. Hicks Nurseries carries several products to help repel mosquitoes:
- Mosquito Beater® kills and repels mosquitoes, flies, gnats, and other insect pests. Lasts for up to four weeks.
- Mosquito Beater® Natural repels mosquitoes and other nuisance insects for up to two weeks.
- Mosquito Bits kills mosquito larvae in standing water. This product is harmless to beneficial insects, pets, birds, fish, horses and livestock.
It is time to take back summer nights and fully enjoy outdoor time with family, friends, and pets.
ABOUT HICKS NURSERIES
Hicks Nurseries is Long Island’s largest and premier garden center, family-owned and operated since 1853. Dedicated to helping its customers achieve their goals easily and stress-free, Hicks Nurseries provides an exceptional selection of quality products including indoor and outdoor plants, patio furniture, garden accents and planters, lawn care, seasonal décor and more. They also offer complete landscape design/build services and expert advice to make gardening successful and enjoyable for everyone. Hicks Nurseries is conveniently located at 100 Jericho Turnpike in Westbury, NY. To learn more, visit https://hicksnurseries.com/
CONTACT: Eleni Roselli, Hicks Nurseries, 516-334-0066, firstname.lastname@example.org