Lush Tropicals for a Summer Oasis
Create a summer paradise at home with tropicals such as palm trees, hibiscus, bromeliads and more. Just pass the piña colada!
Want a vacation vibe in your own back yard?
Add tropical plants as accents around your back yard patio, pool or even your front porch. Here at Hicks Nurseries, we carry a huge selection of top-quality tropical plants. Our selection is unmatched! Here are some suggestions:
Passion Flower Vine
- Hibiscus – Hibiscus flowers bloom all summer long. They come in many vibrant colors and can grow as small shrubs or larger trees. They prefer full sun and well-draining soil.
- Elephant Ear – This plant has large, heart-shaped leaves that can create a dramatic effect on a patio. It prefers part shade and well-draining soil.
- Passion Flower Vine – Passion flower vine is a type of climbing vine that is known for its intricate and exotic flowers. They are easy to grow and can be trained to climb up trellises, fences, and walls. They prefer a warm and sunny location with well-draining soil.
- Palm trees – Palms are iconic tropical plants and can add a lot of character to a patio. Consider varieties such as the Dwarf Date Palm or the Areca Palm, which can grow well in containers.
- Bougainvillea – Known for their vibrant and showy bracts, Bougainvillea come in a range of colors, including pink, purple, red, orange, and white. They are popular for their ability to grow rapidly and provide stunning color to gardens and landscapes. They can be trained to climb up walls, trellises, and other structures.
- Caladium – Caladium are tropical plants that are known for their large, heart-shaped leaves that often have intricate patterns of contrasting colors including green, white, pink, and red. They prefer bright, indirect light and high humidity.
- Mandevilla – This flowering vine produces brightly colored flowers in shades of pink, red, and white. It does well in full sun and can add a vertical element to a patio.
- Croton – Croton plants have striking, colorful glossy leaves in intricate and contrasting colors adding interest and texture to any location. They prefer bright, indirect light and well-draining soil.
- Cordyline – Cordyline plants are known for their long, strap-like leaves that come in a range of colors, including green, red, pink, and purple. They prefer bright, indirect light and well-draining soil.
Shop in-store for the largest selection or browse our curated online offering and get curbside pick up or local delivery.
HEALTHY PLANTS GUARANTEED
Be confident in our quality and value. Our plants come with a 30-day guarantee.