Hicks Nurseries 30th Annual Flower & Garden Show Takes Attendees on a Celebration Around the World
February 13, 2020
Hicks Nurseries, Long Island’s largest garden center and a sixth-generation family business, kicks off the spring 2020 season in spectacular fashion with its 30th Annual Flower and Garden Show, March 12th through the 29th. This year’s theme will take attendees on a “Celebration Around the World” featuring large scale gardens in full bloom, inspired by iconic festivals worldwide.
This free event draws tens of thousands of customers annually to the nursery. Installation of the 16,000 square foot show begins in early February. Each unique garden is designed by one of Hicks Nurseries award-winning Landscape designers.
- Long celebrated throughout the Netherlands, the Tulip Festival is synonymous with spring. Envision walking through fields of tulips among Dutch windmills and sense the renewal, growth and love that tulips signify.
- The Holi Festival is one of the most revered and celebrated festivals in India. It is the festival of color, sometimes referred to the “festival of love”, signifying positivity, happiness, prosperity and friendship. Hicks’ Holi garden bursts with colorful flowers and magical lotus floating in pools of water.
- Mardi Gras is the last hurrah before the Lenten fast and no celebration is bigger or bolder than the Carnival of Brazil. Join in on the parade, complete with a giant Macaw float and walk through a garden of agave and palms.
- Chinese New Year, also known as the Spring Festival, marks the end of the coldest days. Welcome in the Lunar Year with a dragon winding its way through the Asian garden complete with flowering cherries, azaleas and flowers in vibrant shades of red and yellow.
- The Hawaiian Luau welcomes us to paradise with warm genuine greetings that are a hallmark of Hawaiian hospitality. This garden is a feast for the eyes featuring a plethora of lush tropical flowers amid a sheer waterfall. Mahalo!
- Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), the Mexican celebration of loved ones that have passed, welcomes spirits back to the realm of the living. The ofrenda is surrounded with marigolds, agave, cactus varieties and other southwest plants to help guide the spirits back to their place of rest.
- Hicks’ Independence Day celebration garden is an All-American tribute. Patriotic colors shine in a garden of red, white, and blue. Hydrangea, geraniums and other summer flowers abound as we get ready to bask in the glow of fireworks from above.
The Hicks Flower & Garden Show will be open during store hours, Monday-Thursday 8am-6pm, Friday 8am-7pm and Saturday & Sunday 8am-6pm. Admission and parking is free.
In addition, there are free events and seminars at the show for children and adults. Weekdays, children can take part in an afterschool scavenger hunt. On weekends, they can plant a seed to take home and watch it grow. Adults are invited to attend educational seminars about popular gardening topics including organic lawn care, native plants, pruning and more.
A full schedule of seminars and activities along with more information about the flower show is available at www.HicksNurseries.com
About Hicks Nurseries
Hicks Nurseries is Long Island’s largest and premier garden center, family owned and operated since 1853. Dedicated to helping its customers achieve their goals easily and stress free, Hicks Nurseries provides an exceptional selection of quality products including indoor and outdoor plants, patio furniture, garden accents and planters, garden and lawn care, and more. They also offer complete landscape design/build services and expert advice to make gardening successful and enjoyable for everyone. Hicks Nurseries is conveniently located at 100 Jericho Turnpike in Westbury, NY.
CONTACT: Eleni Roselli, Hicks Nurseries, 516-334-0066, email@example.com