Mulch not only increases the curb appeal of your home by beautifying landscape beds, patios and walkways, it also provides many benefits to plants:
- Reduces weed growth.
- Helps maintain moisture in the soil.
- Moderates soil temperature keeping it warmer on cold nights and cooler on hot days.
In addition, organic mulches break down over time adding nutrient rich organic matter to your soil.
- Apply a minimum of 2-3″ of mulch.
- Avoid piling mulch directly around the base of plants.
- Reapply annually to keep your beds looking fresh.
- Choose organic mulch to help add nutrient rich organic matter back into the soil.
Let us do the work!
Hicks Landscapes offers spring clean up and mulching services so you don’t have to do a thing. Our experienced, professionally trained maintenance staff will keep you garden in optimum condition! Learn more.