In a few days it will be 2019. Can you believe it? A new year is a great opportunity to make some resolutions that will benefit your garden and family.
Here are 5 gardening resolutions that will benefit you and your garden in 2019.
- Use more organic products in your garden and home. Organic products are a better alternative for your family, pets and the environment. Here at Hicks Nurseries we have a huge selection of organic lawn, flower, vegetable and houseplant fertilizers and controls. For tips on how to garden organically, click here.
- Grow vegetables! Growing your own vegetables literally allows you to shop your garden for the food you need. Whether you create a large garden or try just one tomato plant in a planter, growing vegetables is a rewarding experience. Learn how to grow tomatoes by clicking here.
- Involve your children! Teaching children where food comes from and how flowers and other plants grow is not only educational but a great way to spend quality time as a family.
- Feed the Birds! Birds are very important to the garden. They eat insects, help to pollinate plants and disperse seeds throughout your garden. Start with a simple feeder or a bird house to welcome local birds into your yard. Learn how to attract birds to your garden here.
- Add houseplants to your home. Houseplants are not only a beautiful addition to your home; they also clean the air you breathe. Add one plant per 100 square feet of space for maximum benefits. For more information, click here.
Whether you choose one or more of the resolutions above or create your own gardening resolution, we hope you make your garden a priority for 2019. Learn more about gardening this winter with our 2019 Winter Demonstration Series.
Click here for the schedule.